Legal requirements for Weddings in Italy
Civil Weddings -Venezuelan Citizens
Civil ceremonies in Italy are legally binding and are officially recognized in Venezuela. Legal procedures involve a lot of paperwork and visits to several public offices. Our experienced wedding planners will be taking care of all these procedures. Some documents however must be provided by you. Do not worry if it sounds complicated, we will be sending you easy step-by-step instructions.
Venezuelan citizens getting married in Italy must present the following documents:
1) Valid passports
2) Birth Certificates legalized by the Registro Principal (1)
3) Evidence of termination of any previous marriage, if applicable (certified copy of the final divorce decree (copia certificada de la sentencia de divorcio ejecutada) or Certificate of Death of former spouse)) (1)
4) Carta de Soltería notarized, and legalized by the Registro Principal (1)
4) Nulla Osta Certificate. This certificate, stating there is no impediment to the wedding, is released by the Venezuelan Consular Office in Italy. Exclusive Weddings will be assisting you in this process.
All those planning a wedding in Italy must also comply with specific requirements of Italian law:
a) You must be over 18 of age.
b) Women must have terminated their previous marriage at least 300 days before the new marriage.
c) You must be of opposite sex. According to Italian regulations people of the same sex are not allowed get married.
The requirements of each town hall may slightly differ and further special requirements may occur according to your country of origin.
For further information on legal documentation for civil weddings, contact us stating the countries of origin of both bride and groom.
(1) In some cases it may be requested that the documents should be legalized with apostille, translated into Italian and sealed by the Italian Embassy in Venezuela. When you book with us, our wedding planner will send you specific instructions and inform you if this is needed.
All those booking a wedding with Exclusive Wedding will receive detailed paperwork instructions and assistance for all the procedures in Italy.
For more information on Civil Weddings in Italy Contact us