Legal requirements for Weddings in Italy
Civil Weddings -Cuban Citizens
Civil ceremonies in Italy are legally binding and are officially recognized in Cuba. Legal procedures involve a lot of paperwork and visits to several public offices. Our experienced wedding planners will be taking care of all these procedures. Some documents however must be provided by you. Do not worry if it sounds complicated, we will be sending you easy step-by-step instructions.
Cuban citizens getting married in Italy must present the following documents:
1) Valid passports
2) Birth Certificates
3) Evidence of termination of any previous marriage, if applicable (final divorce decree or death certificate of former spouse)
4) Certificate of civil status
5) Certificate of legal capacity
6) Certificate of civil status of the person you are going to marry (Note 1)
7) Evidence of termination of any previous marriage, if applicable of the person you are going to marry (Note 1).
4) Nulla Osta Certificate. This certificate, stating there is no impediment to the wedding, is released by the Cuban Consular Office in Italy. The certificate fee may vary. At the present time (January 2011) it amounts to 88 Euros. Exclusive Weddings will be assisting you in this process.
(Note 1) If the person you are going to marry does not have Cuban citizenship the certificate must be legalized and translated into Spanish
All those planning a wedding in Italy must also comply with specific requirements of Italian law:
- a) You must be over 18 of age.
- b) Women must have terminated their previous marriage at least 300 days before the new marriage.
- c) You must be of opposite sex. According to Italian regulations people of the same sex are not allowed get married.
The requirements of each town hall may slightly differ and further special requirements may occur according to your country of origin.
All those booking a wedding with Exclusive Wedding will receive detailed paperwork instructions and assistance for all the procedures in Italy.
For more information on Civil Weddings in Italy Contact us